Re: Proposed: task-secure-system package

    Sean> Don Marti has often joked about a task-no-clear-text which
    Sean> would remove any package which provides a daemon sending
    Sean> clear text passwords.

He might only be joking, but I probably should point out for this
discussion that this might not be easy.

For instance, a package that conflicts with "telnetd" would
automatically conflict with telnetd-ssl and heimdal-servers, too (as
both of these provide "telnetd").

Of course, the correct fix would be to have a new virtual package name
"telnet-server", which would be in line with the "rsh-server",
"ftp-server", "telnet-client", and "rsh-client" which already exist
for woody.

(now I wonder when I created rsh-server and ftp-server, why I didn't
say ftp-client and telnet-server, too - at least thats the way I
remember it).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>