Helix-gnome vs. debian-gnome

Hi

There have been some discussion on the difference between debian-gnome and
helix gnome. The difference as I see it (have tried both versions now)
is that helix are (sometimes) faster on upgrading packages. The good thing
is that when debian updates faster that package will get into it at the same
time so helix might get too good reputation :)

The good thing about helix is that a lot of the extra tools that are supporting
gnome are packaged too. That is of course the case with debian but the good
thing is that it cooperates so well. So helix does a good job to boost the
debian gnome packages. That is why it works so well.

So I do really look forward when helix makes its packages into woody (not
the other way around :)

Well that's about it.

I'll try to list the difference:
(I do probably make some mistakes).

- ggv is missing in gnome-woody
- gtop is newer in helix.
- abiword (woody), abisuite(helix) ... helix seems newer.
- gnome-print, seems to be missing in woody, is it?
- gaim, newer in woody.
- gphoto, newer in helix.

So there is not very much of a difference. So I will probably go back to
just woody :)

// Ola

/  olalu526@student.liu.se             Björnkärrsgatan 5 A.11   \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 584 36 LINKÖPING         |