Re: Helix debian packages

* "Timothy" == Timothy H Keitt <Timothy.Keitt@SUNYSB.Edu> wrote:

Timothy> In the meantime, it would save some headaches if there were a
Timothy> task-debian-gnome package that conflicted with a
Timothy> task-helix-gnome package.

No.

Helix is external to Debian. It is their job to play nice with us, not
the other way round.

And if _their_ package doesn't work with one of our packages, _they_
have to fix their stuff.

Simple as that. We will not monitor the web for bad external packages
and change ours to work around bugs in them. This is just insane and
turns responsibility around.

Besides: A Debian package may not reference a package not part of
Debian.

Ciao,
        Martin