Re: Chroot woody setup in 15 minutes

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 03:41:45AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> See my other email, with the script.  I have a much better version locally,
> that will do what you want, without having to polute the archive with any
> cruft(which is what you are suggesting).
>
> I'll finish the script tomorrow.  I'm debating whether to make it a .deb, as I
> don't want this to be like gtrue, where everyone and their mother wants to
> rewrite hello world. :|

You know this script:
#!/usr/bin/perl
#
# buildd-setup-chroot: set up a chroot environment for buildd
#
# Copyright (C) 2000 Roman Hodek <Roman.Hodek@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>

Its part of wanna-build and works pretty well even when you do not run a
buildd. Roman started packaging wanna-build finally, but he probably still
needs a little convincing to actually upload those packages. Some pieces
(sbuild!) work already very well and I really recommend that every developer
uses that (build with source-depends, no more missing build-depends).

Christian