Re: Money

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 09:22:54AM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
> On Tue 17 Oct 2000, Adam McKenna wrote:
> > Mine shows the "lots of characters with all sorts of accents, rings,
> > slashes" only when I'm editing the message..  In view mode all of
> > the characters are displayed as ?'s.
>
> Add the following line to your .muttrc :
>
> set charset="iso-8859-1"        # character set for your terminal

Which will in all probability not help, but won't hurt either. To
*really* get to see them, you have to convince mutt that you understand
the bigger picture:

    setenv LC_CTYPE en_US

in csh syntax. The reasoning is that without setting LANG, LC_ALL or
LC_CTYPE at the minimum to something, it defaults to "C", which is 7
bits ASCII only, by definition.
Almost any valid setting will do because even en_US assumes the
ISO-8859-1 characterset.

Yes, it's different from most other software in this regard (which just
assumes that things are 8-bit clean and the fonts are chosen
appropriately).

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed