ntpd doesn't work when building the daemon under woody

When I'm building the ntp package under woody, ntpd doesn't run
anymore. If ntpd is build under potato or run in debug mode, ie
without calling the C library function daemon(), it does work.

I think that this bug is caused by the changed definition of daemon()
in unistd.h. __THROW was added to the prototype:

extern int daemon (int __nochdir, int __noclose) __THROW;

Is this a bug in gcc, binutils, libc6 or ntpd?

Has this bug already been reported?