Re: All services that require a restart from libc6 upgrade...

Ben Collins (2000-10-16 16:23:43 -0400) :

> Ok, I'm tired of having to track all services that might need to be
> restarted after a libc6 upgrade.

Just a suggestion from a not-even-NM-queue-yet: have libc6
Provides: libc6-nss or something, then ask for packages depending on
the NSS to explicitly Depends: libc6-nss.  Upgrading libc6 could have
a postinst script to scan those packages and restart them if they have
something in /etc/init.d/...

  I don't know the details, I don't even know if that *could* work,
but I thought I'd suggest it anyway.  Better to know if I tell
rubbish.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

'And what would humans be without love?'
RARE, said Death.  -- in Sourcery (Terry Pratchett)