Re: BerkeleyDB3x

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 05:52:16AM -0600, Josh Miller wrote:
> Is BerkeleyDB3x going to be included in woody sometime soon?
>
> There's a bug report on libdb2 that says the maintainer will package db3
> asap, but that's from June...
>
> I'd just like to know before I go putting things on hold and recompiling
> them against db3 myself...

   Just a note about perl and BerkeleyDB (unpackaged) - the potato libc6
with built-in libdb1 prevented the BerkeleyDB module (for db2 and db3) from
linking correctly (mentioned in the BerkeleyDB readme for recent
distributions - author was stumped).  slink (perl and libc6) did not
interfere. The very latest woody libc6 (without libdb1) works if you compile
up an upstream Perl 5.6.0, and might work with a rebuilt perl 5.005 package
(untested yet). The current 5.005 perl in woody though was compiled before
the libc6/libdb1 separation and still interferes with the BerkeleyDB module.
The next recompile of perl will likely help BerkeleyDB module users.  It may
cause other unexpected changes though when libdb1 is no longer linked, so it
should probably be tested carefully before upload.