Re: Uploaded grub 0.5.96 (source i386) to master

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 12:32:13AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> What exactly do you want? kernel-image needs to call lilo because lilo stores
> a blocklist of the kernel image file. Grub parses the file system format and
> doesn't need this special setup.
>
> Setting up grub for Debian is a one time thing, and you can do it in the
> default menu file that comes with the Debian package. There is no need for a
> special step after installing a new kernel.

I'd like kernel-package to automatically add a stanza to my menu.lst for a
new kernel such as...

title Linux 2.4.0-test8
root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.0-test8 root=/dev/hda2
boot

...for the kernel I'm using right now.

If it was smart enough to remove it afterword, that would be even cooler.
Also, for grub is is much better to put vmlinuz symlinks in /boot which
kernel-package only does if you force it to at the moment.

"I am ecstatic that some moron re-invented a 1995 windows fuckup."
        -- Alan Cox