Re: Intent to Sponsor: Galeon

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 07:36:32PM +0100, John O Sullivan wrote:

> I wanted to package galeon for Debian but when I went looking for
> source I found that someone had already done it. He (Jared Johnson
> solomon@futureks.net) has applied to join Debian but that might take
> a while. I agreed to sponsor the package for him until that
> happens. I intend to upload it later tonight after I've checked it
> and rebuilt it.

A check of devel archives show this ITP of galeon
[http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-0007/msg00865.html] and the
following discussion of why galeon probably cannot be included because
of MPL-GPL incompatibilties.

Galeon = GPL
Mozilla = MPL

Until the Mozilla source (or at least Gecko) is released under the
dual GPL/MPL license as promised it's probably not kosher to upload.
As IANAL, you should bring this up to debian-legal.

--
     Dan Nguyen     |  It is with true love as it is with ghosts;
  nguyend7@msu.edu  |  everyone talks of it, but few have seen it.