Re: Debian boot system

hi!

> On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Eyal Lotem wrote:
>
> Erm, this only works with -j1. Higher values will do things that need to
> be sequential at the same time while sequentializing parallelizable
> things.

nope, not true. dependencies even have to be followed when using -jx. If they wouldn't be followed, how should make ever be able to produce something meaningfull. I mean it would be impossible to run with -jx.
So running sequential thing can be done by creating the proper depencies. Parallelization might be done after and before.
e.g: sequential means one command per target. parallel means several commands per target.
I hope this issue is solved for you.

--
kind regards,
Michael Moerz