Re: Debian boot system

On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 04:56:33PM +0200, Eyal Lotem wrote:
> It seems my messages don't get through to debian-devel by random occurance,
> so again, if I send the same message multiple times, I appologize.
>
> On Sat, 07 Oct 2000, Michael Moerz wrote:
> > To write a new make? Do you really think that would be so easily done?
> > what kind of language will you be using? perl?????
>
> No, to write a new minimake, that can even use remarks telling it what rules
> to seek and run, without supporting any variables or other make features.
> This should be good enough for the first steps, getting /usr/bin accessible.
  What if /usr is on a NFS export, or some other sort of extranious
situation?  It is a special case, but we do need to be aware of it.  Maybe
try not to assume minimake will be used and allow for full make to be copied
to /bin in these situations.

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
Law firm: So you want to sue flying butt monkeys?
DC: Yup.