Re: lintian lives!

On 29-Sep-00, 15:34 (CDT), Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shaleh@valinux.com> wrote:
> debconf files are marked as unknown control files.  debconf is not in policy
> yet and neither are the files it uses.  Once they are in policy, this message
> will go away as well.

Why should artifacts of a particular configuration system necessarily be
in policy? There's no reason that lintian can't recognize "recommended
practice" as well as strict policy. (In other words, kill this warning
now, there's no need to wait.)

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read