Re: your mail

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 08:48:22PM +0930, Glenn Stonham wrote:
> I have a few questions which I would like to ask.
>
> Does Debian install over the top of Windows or does it run in conjunction
> with Windows?????

Debian GNU/Linux requires a clean install. ie: it needs a diskdrive
without any other operating system on it.

> Is Debian Linux????

Debian is a Linux Distribution.

> I need and want to install Debian because I want to ran a webserver.
> Woudl you be able to send me the link for the donlaod of Debian because I
> couldn't find it on the website or if it is not a big file could you send it
> to me.

you can find information about downloading and installing Debian GNU/Linux
on the debian website at http://www.debian.org/

Debian GNU/Linux is more than a single file, its a combination of the
GNU/Linux kernel as well as many utilities and applications that the
Debian Developers have even written or packaged.

> I would really appreciate any advice you could give me.
>
> Glenn.

Peter 'darkewolf' Crystal
--
email   : darke@debian.org || darke@indigo.net.au || darkewolf@cyberpunks.org
url     : http://cyberpunks.org/darke/homepage.phtml

"Abair ach beagan agus abair gu math e."