Re: ITP: winie & lib-w3c-http-java

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 09:06:43PM -0400, Hugo Haas wrote:
> >     Hugo> 	lib-w3c-http-java - the HTTP/1.1 library (requires a
> >     Hugo> JDK 1.1) winie - the PUT client (requires a JDK 1.2, depends
> >     Hugo> on lib-w3c-http-java)
> >
> > Be aware that no jdk1.2 package exists in Debian due to a lack of a
> > licence allowing redistribution by third-parties.  AFAIK, kaffe et al
> > do not yet support Java2 so if winie really needs a jdk1.2, it would
> > have to go into contrib.
>
> Oops, I had missed that.
>
> Instead of uploading everything to web, I'll upload winie to contrib/web
> and lib-w3c-http-java to devel.

Please check lib-w3c-http-java to see if it works the java implementations
in main before uploading, as lib-w3c-http-java should go to contrib too,
if it doesn't work with kaffe or another free jvm, and compile with a free
compiler (jikes, for example.)

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: dvdeug.dhis.org