Re: On Bugs

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 01:24:53PM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> bugs we find.  I am sorry but I do consider a package which is 99.9% useless to
> color blind people a problem.  color blindness is more common in men, and there
> are studies that show it is even more common in Computer Scientist males.

What about colorgcc? You can't seriously tell me that just because a package
is useless to a large number of people, that that's an important bug. What
about programs that haven't been translated to German or Japenese, or Spanish?
What about programs that haven't been i18n'ed yet, leaving it only accessable
to English speakers? What about the number of programs that can't be used by
blind or deaf people?

Is it a problem? Yes, it's a problem; but it works for the users of the
package. If it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't work for you, and
you should pick a different tool. It's not a cause for it to be removed
from the distribution.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: dvdeug.dhis.org