ITP: mtr-tiny

Hi!

>month ago. After a while I decide to create my own mtr-tiny package. The
>maintainer didn't react on my wishlist bugreport, maybe he has no time to
>split the package.

>So, is it a problem when two persons maintain one program?

Basicly I would say when more people work TOGETHER it's quite better.
So the point is that you cannot simply make your own package and say:
Hello folks here it is.
That's the wrong way, the right follows.
I would suggest that you write an other mail to the maintainer questioning
him about this and offering help. After a week when no answere did come,
you should mmh, file an other wishlist bugreport with the according diffs
to make it work. Wait a month or so. Write an other mail to the
maintainer. When there is no answere again, I would say it's absolutly ok
to say is is AWOL (absent without leave), so make a debian maintainer go
after him, questioning if he is still out there.

As pointed out in developers-reference 9.5 what you are planning to do is
merely less than package hijacking.

Anyway I would suggest you to read the developers-reference at
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/developers-reference/

I hope that I didn't sound to harsh, but I think that this is the
appropriate way of handling this issue.
I personally have currently a similar problem with the lvm package that
doesn't work with 2.4-testx kernels cause of io changes in userspace
tools, but the maintainer is currently working on that thing. But this
week I will make my own package cause I have been waiting long enough to
get bored waiting.

kind regards,
Michael