Re: ssh and hostname

Le Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 08:37:54PM +0200, Svante Signell écrivait:
> I have problems with the latest ssh and the hostname for my debian
> box:
> ssh from another computer in my local network works OK.
> ssh from my box either to my own box or another does not work:

I have the same problem and it's still not resolved. I don't know where it
comes from. Doing an strace showed me that it tried a DNS request (and it
blocked since my DNS is only available when online), it completely ignores
/etc/hosts despite the fact that /etc/nsswitch.conf indicates :
hosts:          files dns

What's going on ? Doesn't ssh use the standard libc thing for doing host
resolution ?

Cheers,
Naviguez sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com