annoying behavior of dpkg-scanpackages

Hi,

when there are more version of some package in a directory dpkg-scanpackages
uses always the wrong version:

# dpkg-scanpackages . /dev/null dists/local/dz/ >Packages
 ! Package dpkg-www (filename ./dpkg-www_2.4_all.deb) is repeat;
   ignored that one and using data from ./dpkg-www_2.3_all.deb !

I wonder why it doesn't use the highest version so that I can simply keep
my old versions in the same directory. This is very annoying. Is there any
reason for this behavior?

--
Massimo Dal Zotto

|  Massimo Dal Zotto               email: dz@cs.unitn.it               |
|  Via Marconi, 141                phone: ++39-0461534251              |
|  38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN)      www: http://www.cs.unitn.it/~dz/  |
|  Italy                             pgp: see my www home page         |