Re: letter to the editor in lwn

pearls from dave peacock:
> I think I will replace my 2.1 machines with a dist that
> has a better release cycle, no bloatware (read - wannabe
> crappy packages with no value in a base OS dist)
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If he's referring to Debian's base system, then I don't see
how it is bloated. Should Debian throw away all packaging
/ configuration code? :?

If he's referring to whole Debian as a base OS dist, that's wrong.
Debian is surely a full software distribution, not a base
OS dist.

I've always thought that cracking a Debian box isn't an easy
job :) especially with the security team's fixes. So what's
his point?

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr