Re: unstable, metastable, stable

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

> > > Set up hard resource limits today -- I have.
> >
> > should this be a goal for woody?
>
> Well I would love to have a package that you could install and get a
> good resource limit configuration automatically. Unfortunatly, that
> requires editing a slew of pam.d files (which are all conffiles too),
> and some apps (wdm) ignore the resource limits still.

Is there a good HOW-TO to doing this?

If it's this hard, I think it would be a great goal for woody, not only
would it make it stand out in the crowd, but it could be another 'package'
pool item.  Things that don't respect hard resource limits could be
'isolated' in pools so that an even more stable 'stable' could be had.

Let's make memory leaks taking a system down a thing of the past.
(or just a thing of Windows)

Seth