Re: New libc6 breaks exim?

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Daniel Burrows wrote:

>   Just a heads-up -- I upgraded to the new libc6 version, and exim started
> refusing to accept SMTP connections from fetchmail. [1] I'm not sure what the
> issue is exactly, but when running /usr/sbin/sendmail manually some non-fatal
> errors are displayed about libdb2.so.  (if I manage to track it down more I'll
> file a bug report--right now I don't even know whether it's a problem with
> exim or with libc6)
>
>   So if you use exim, you might want to at least dpkg-repack your old libc
> before upgrading, or demonstrate that I don't know what I'm talking about ;-)..

A recompilation of exim under the new "glibc regime" fixes this, at least
on Alpha.  I'm uploading a binary-only NMU for Alpha to make sure that
exim continues to work for us there.  i386 and other ports may wish to do
the same OR perhaps the maintainer should upload a new release with new
build-depends to make sure it gets built under the new glibc.