Re: hardware-screensaver: dpms

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> * Henrique M Holschuh (hmh+debianml@rcm.org.br) [000925 19:22]:
> > Maybe I'm not understainding what you guys want, but 'Option "power_saver"'
>
> But that gives us an idear about where the configuration should go, then: into
> XF86Config. It is a feature of the xserver. And as such it could be used to
> help the user to use a simple and _most_ efficient screensaver.

Here's the relevant portion of my /etc/X11/XF86Config file:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Viper V330"
    VendorName  "Diamond Multimedia"
    BoardName   "Viper V330 4MB PCI"
    option	"power_saver"
EndSection

Note that I'm happy with the default values for the standby, suspend and off
timers so I never tried to change them.

> Would it make sense to set it in the x11 configuration dialog?

Yes.

  Henrique Holschuh