Re: apt and multiple connections

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Glenn McGrath wrote:

> It would mean that the load placed on mirrors would be distributed a lot
> better, so it would be good for clients and servers, a win-win
> situation.

Erm.. If the client uses more bandwidth, where does that bandwidth come
from? It isn't created out of nothing. If the client uses multiple hosts
to increase their traffic then more bandwidth is eaten from those hosts
that would not have been otherwise.

Our load balancing on mirrors is actually pretty darn even according to my
stats, so I'm not too worried about that.

Jason