Re: gcc, binutils, libc, gdb for Amtel AVR microcontrollers

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 07:37:56AM -0300, Frank Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here are the most recent patches for binutils and gcc source packages.
>
> The binutils patch is against 2.9.5.0.37-1
> The gcc patch is against 2.95.2-12
>
> Let me know if you have any problems (or successes) with them.

OK, I've now added the avr target to these two and it seems to work just
fine (after some fiddling), and I've set the packages to build the compiler
and utils for arm, avr, powerpc and native as the default action. Are there
any other targets supported of interest?

My plans are now, after some final small fixes, to integrate those changes
with the latest unstable versions of binutils and gcc and then I'll propose
that those changes should be applied to the official debian package.

If there are no objections I'll simply file the patches as whislist bugs on
gcc and binutils as soon as I have them ready. If you don't prefer I do a
NMU that is...

Please CC any reply to me.

--
Hakan Ardo <hakan@debian.org>, http://master.debian.org/~hakan