Re: kernel-image and epoch

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 11:33:13AM -0700, Michael Meskes wrote:
> Could anyone please tell me why the kernel-image package's got an epoch?
> this breaks locally compiled (via kernel-package) kernel images. No matter
> what naming you have used there it is overwritten by the epoch.

make-kpkg --revision=3:hostname.2.2.0 kernel_image

that gives your package an epoch of 3 which overrides the debian
epoch.

though perhaps its time to start using 5 for user kernel packages..

is it possible to set a default epoch in /etc/kernel-pkg.conf?
(shamefully being lazy and not checking the FM myself)

perhaps kernel-package should ship with a default config that creates
a high epoch so user packages always override debian kernels.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/