Customised boot-floppies?

Hallo,

I just played around w/ the boot-floppies package,
because I want to have customised boot floppies.
Unfortunately it seems a little bit complicated and
confusing for me, at least at the first glance.  Has
anybody good (or bad) experience with building boot
floppies that are non-standard?

In my case I already know which hardware I have and
no other hardware should be supported.  Some things
on the standard boot disks are not necessary for me,
e.g. PPP, other things I like to have, e.g. NIS.

Is this a difficult task?

Thanks in advance for any hints!
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>