Re: ITP: glide3

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Ben Collins wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 02:18:25PM +1100, Timshel Knoll wrote:
> > glide is the api for using 3D graphics on 3Dfx boards. This package will
> > contain library packages libglide-v3 and libglide-v5, as well as
> > appropriate -dev and -bin packages. This is intended to be built to be
> > ready for the X4 release, with DRI (initial releases will be built without
> > DRI support until X4 is in the dist ...)
> >
> > License is 3Dfx public license (included below)
>
> I thought we already had several glide packages.

Not v3 or v5... the only debian packages for v3 I found are aliened rpms
by chris@dvorty.mcclimans.net (and I was going to post about those until I
noticed they were alien generated) [Not sure where in my apt sources.list
these come from - any good way to find out?]

V3 is for the Banshee and Voodoo 3 and is a complete 2d/3d card.
v5 I think is for the new cards only.