Re: woody Debian Installer plans

Glenn McGrath wrote:
> The way the new installer will work is that the boot kernel is not the
> kernel that will be used once install finishes.

Actually I tdon't think that's true. I expect we will need to use an
initrd to boot the installed system, but it still makes sense to use the
same kernel. Not using the same kernel raises the possibility that the
installer could boot up ok, but the kernel on the fully installed system
not for some reason, which would be bad.

> As far as bootloaders goes, i dont think it will be a problem using
> different bootloaders, every different architecture has a different one
> for initial booting anyway.

Yup. In fact, every time the docs mention lilo, they either say "or
other loader" or are just giving an example.

--
see shy jo