Re: woody Debian Installer plans

Andreas Rottmann <a.rottmann@gmx.at> writes:

> Torsten Landschoff <torsten@pclab.ifg.uni-kiel.de> writes:

> > > mke2fs can format for the HURD, in fact you install the HURD from
> > > linux right now. Or do get something wrong here?
> >
> > I was thinking of new feature in the filesystem. I think the Hurd can have
> > extra info attached to inodes (for example ACLs, version info etc.).
> > I don't think that would be reachable from Linux.
> >
> It can, I think - with an ext2fs extension patch for the kernel. It's was a
> link from an Austrian Site, sorry no URL. Do a google search on ACL,
> and you'll find the mentioned site.

I didn't think you were talking about ACLs, but however, they are
essentially a filesystem feature (ext2fs has to be patched). The ACL
site only links to the extended-attributes site, since it needs it.

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann     | Dru@ICQ      | 54523380@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
Pfeilgasse 4-6/725   | A-1080 Wien  | Austria      | Europe