Re: Stripping cygnus insight

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 06:19:54PM +0300, Eray Ozkural wrote:
> It's not crap :) The thing is cygnus hacked them to conform to their many
> ports including cygwin. But it's their mistake to include it in a source dir
> of course.  They must have made them into separate distributions. (I'm
> talking about insight BTW)

Perhaps someone can arrange that those changes migrate upstream and insight
get's lose of this cruft? Okay, we all have too little time :(

> Takes over 20M uncompressed... I'll strip more than 1/4th of code, so it's
> a nice thing to do.

... and there are 15MB left. Jesus! Is that all source code?

> > Submit the patch upstream and ask if they can include it so one can build
> > the package with itcl, tcl, tk etc. already installed.
> >

> Looks right to me, then they can perhaps provide a stripped version also.
> It looks as if you could build it stand-alone, but then they forgot about
> that and hardwired ../itcl in some places

GACK! Cygnus should really know better...

> I've still some problems with itcl, but it's going ok. I'm having to go
> through cygnus configure systems. And of course they're using a lot of
> CY_AC_* :)

Hmm, perhaps they should forward their macros to the autoconf creators ;-))

cu
	Torsten