Re: global distribution of debian users (and their paper)

> > 16:49:40 arthur@turing:~$ cat /etc/timezone
> > Europe/Zurich
>
> My system answers Europe/Berlin, but in fact it is much nearer to
> Amsterdam, Brussels and Luxembourg.
> On the other hand, quod regio, eius tempo.

Well, if it wanted to be exact it had to answer
"Europe/Swizerland/Mellingen" for me, since there is another
Mellingen somewhere in Germany. But what would a package do with
that information?

:From the simple info Europe/Zurich you could deduce defaults
for:

LANG=de_CH.latin1	#provided there are cities for the ticinesi
			#(it_CH) and the romands (fr_CH)
charset sg-latin1
timezone Europe/Zurich
debian mirror ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch (no http)
use non-US
ispell-dictionary ingerman
wordlist wgerman
documentation resource: http://www.lugs.ch/lugs	#the local LUG,
    #the page has pointers to subgoups in different parts of the
    #country
papersize: A4
etc.

ciao, 2ri