Re: the problems with Debian

Going from what I saw with the Potato development, we have major "base" packages
that get updated multiple times, while at the same time, other packages that
rely on these base packages are also being developed.  For every change to the
version of libc, almost every package needs to be checked, and recompiled
against the new version.  It would make sense based on this, that if the core
components that the rest of the OS on are "frozen" before the rest of the
development begins, it would lead to shorter development cycles.  How many of
you remember sendmail breaking several times because of library updates?

							Dave Bristel