RE: free Interrnet provider for Linux? INFO
Not sure how my post made it onto debian-devel, but cross-posting anyway.
Here's the important stuff from the thing worldshare.net sent me.
Apparently the site now says they don't do Linux, but I use it all the time,
it's just a normal ppp connection.
From: email@example.com [SMTP:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 3:01 PM
To: Anderson, Tim TL33E
Subject: Re: free Interrnet provider for Linux?
I'd love to get a linux howto thingy from you. Enough others might
interested to make it worth posting to the debian-devel list (where
saw your post). Thanks.
"Anderson, Tim TL33E" <Tim.Anderson@ace-ina.com> writes:
> I found a good one, www.worldshare.net <http://www.worldshare.net>
> want $15/year charity donation but I think most of us can afford
> they will take less should you not be able to). I've been using
them for a
> couple of months now on linux/windoze9x/2K and I've been very
> them. I have a howto thingy from them for linux (inc DNS
> let me know if you want it. The only thing they don't seem to
have is a
> newsserver, but I may be wrong.
* Tim Anderson
I just want to know your DNS and other pertinent settings. What are they?
There's certain basic information that anyone would need to know in order to
successfully set up dialup and e-mail configurations for a WorldShare
* Login ID: i.wshr.YourID (where YourID is replaced with your
WorldShare User ID)
* Password: Entered as selected during registration...passwords are
* Dialup Number: Get this from www.worldshare.com/phonelist.htm
* Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52
* Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206
* E-mail Login: YourID (where YourID is replaced with your WorldShare
User ID. NOTE that you use just the User ID for e-mail login)
* E-mail Password: Entered as selected during registration...passwords
are case sensitive!
* E-mail Address: YourID@worldshare.net <mailto:YourID@worldshare.net>
(where YourID is, again, replaced with your WorldShare User ID)
* Incoming Server (POP3): mail.worldshare.net
* Outgoing Server (SMTP): smtp.worldshare.net
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org