Re: New package checkmp3 ???

David Starner wrote:

> I ran dselect, and lo and behold, checkmp3 appeared. A package
> with the same name, similar version number (1.97.3 vs. 1.97.2),
> same description and same maintainer as mp3check. This is bad -
> should I file a bug on f.d.o, mp3check, checkmp3, or all the
> above?

AFAIK, there was discussion about different packages with binary
executables called mp3check and mp3-check, respectively. The maintainers
agreed to rename one package (I believe mp3-check is the one in
checkmp3). The old mp3check was to be removed from the archive, but
there will be probably another one (different from the former, of course).

  Ulf

Disclaimer: I'm not a maintainer of any mp3 check package ;-)