Re: please help updating calendar

> On Sep 08, Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>  >Their list is much more comprehensive than mine, but mine contains far
>  >more detail.  So it's worth merging them, but I'm not quite sure how
>  >you'd like to do this.  There is also the implicit assumption in their
> If there are no fixed events then everything should go in the yearly
> files.

The events are fixed. The main point is that the Jewish calendar is based on
the motion of the moon, so that a regular Jewish year is 354 days long (Yet
there are years with an extra month and maybe other mechanisms to compensate
for that). But as far as I know every Jewish event could be calculated in
advance.

>  >calendar that the user is Orthodox and living outside of Israel,
>  >neither of which need be true.
> Maybe we should have more than one calendar?

I believe that merging the files is better. As far as I know most of the dates
are the same, regardless of whether you live in Israel or outside it. And in
any case people who live in Israel would likely be interested to know what are
the dates for people who live outside of Israel and vice versa.

	--  Shaul Karl <shaulk@israsrv.net.il>

	Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com