Re: apt-move problem

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Arthur Korn wrote:

> That was ~250M before ... oops. Time to use http and squid
May be you are more lucky than me with http and squid.
It tokk me several month to find out, why apt-get  has problems
with MD5 checksums on all my packages.  Yesterday I found out
that I have to use ftp (!!) and not http with squid.
I really don't know the reason and I would like to hear other
experiences.  At least I have now a working apt-get again (formerly
I was forced to `dpkg -i` all my packages in /var/cache/apt/archives/partial).

If there is any interest I could post my current working solution
and the one which fails.

Kind regards

         Andreas.