Re: RFC: moving packages to project/orphaned

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 08:55:29AM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>   please do close bug #68054 if the package is no longer up for
>   adoption.  The number after the package name is the bug number on

It is up for adoption but this is not the same as orphaned by any means.

>   As to how the information got there, the old WNPP database had this
>   package tagged as up for adoption, with you as the maintainer.  Yes,
>   the wording on this report needs improvement.

As the report says:

The maintainer of this package has stated his intention to orphan it, but he
is still maintaining it.

I'm stressing the "still maintaining part" of this sentence. Why on earth
is a package like that moved to orphaned? And who decided to treat these
packages like those who are really orphaned, which no one actively
maintains? I will not close the bug since the package can be adopted but I
will keep it unless it is.

It appears that you are mixing stuff here that is different and should be
treated differently.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes