MIDI Notation Software
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: MIDI Notation Software
- From: Enrique Robledo Arnuncio <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 03:12:40 +0200
- Message-id: <20000904031240.B4298@Eowyn.elbereth>
- In-reply-to: <20000903192914.A25412@crystal>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 07:29:14PM -0400
- References: <20000903185516.A12124@ysabell> <20000904005659.A4167@Eowyn.elbereth> <20000903192914.A25412@crystal>
On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 07:29:14PM -0400, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Which version of rosegarden are you packaging? the existing version is
> very old and quite buggy. Upstream appears to be working on a new version
> which seems to be taking a while to materialize... any info so far? I'm
> very interested in a newer version because the current one is too buggy
> and has too many limitations that I find it very frustrating to use.
Well, I am packaging the old version. Its latest upstream patch-level
is not that old (September'99), but I think it is just bug fixes.
The new version (3.0) is being written from scratch, and is still in
very early development, (it has been like that for some years). From
"This is the development tree for Rosegarden 3.0.
You will not find any working applications here. This is all early
development code; it should build, but won't build into anything
useful. Explore at your own risk."
> Unfortunately, it seems to be the only usable MIDI notator that runs on
> Linux, thus far... unless you know of another one? I'd love to know.
I know there are others being developed, but I have not tried them
yet. None of them is in debian:
It is GPL, and looks really nice, but uses Qt :(
Seems smaller. Also Qt.
I have not found any other free graphical MIDI notator for
linux. Maybe we will have to wait for rosegarden 3.0...
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org