Re: Strange rsync issue

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:

[snip, commands seem correct]
> This took more than 12 hours and the progress indicator never came
> over 2% done.

> Can someone please tell me what could be the bottleneck and why the second
> rsync took longer that the first one.

If you never got to the full 100% (or perhaps 99%), it is a good
posibility that you never synced the entire image.

I don't know why this would happen, but at least the versions of rsync I
have run have been sensitive to network problems. We had big problems with
the connectivity from here to cdimage.debian.org right after the release
of 2.2, and it is possible for the rsync to get fatal errors and not sync
the entire image.

> Are there any 2.2r0 binary-i386-1_NONUS.iso 's in Latvia (.lv)?

Well, ftp.se.debian.org is 15 hops away (30-40 ms roundtrip time), and I
don't see any network bottleneck on "this" side of lattelekom.lv. You
could try our mirror. The md5sums should be checked on the server at
least.

/Mattias Wadenstein