Re: Strange messages...

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Jules Bean wrote:

> Well, they're from Postgres, I can tell you that much.

OK...

> Probably you have one of the debug trace options on in your postgres
> config files (in /etc/postgresql).

"I have"? ;-)

I looked in /etc/postgresql and found several files, none of which set any
debug options.

     pg_hba.conf
          Mostly comments except for a two line declaration that
          local host is trusted.

     pg_ident.conf
          Completely comments

     postgresql.env
          Incorporates postmaster.init into script and then assigns
          and exports several paths, two of which do not exist on my
          machine.

     postmaster.init
          Asside from a small block of code that determines POSTGRES_HOME
          and a line setting PGDATESTYLE to ISO, this file is all
          comments as well.

So it looks like this is somehow "hard coded" in the binary?

I guess I could just remove the package ... I installed it for educational
purposes, and then never got to class ;-)

Thanks,

Dwarf