dpkg-scanpackages arguments, output Packages files, and apt

I was running dpkg-scanpackages to construct a custom apt source.
This was the first time I really ran it, so I encountered the
peculiar style that I had to conform to.

This was what I had to write to make a Packages file in a flat dir:
exa@borg:~/public_html/debian$ dpkg-scanpackages . override ./  >Packages

This is a line from the output Packages file:
Filename: ././ddclient_2.3.1-1_all.deb

And this is the line required to indicate it as an apt source
deb http://borg/~exa/debian/ ./

IMHO, this is all wrong. In the first one, the clumsy ./ is redundant,
working directory can, and _should_, be assumed for the third argument.
In the second, the output is redundant, it should simply be ddclient_2.3.1-1_all.deb
and in the third one, the ./ is redundant, it should be regarded as default.

And I was amazed at the fact that you need to provide both Packages and
Packages.gz for some strange reason. I think apt-get should check if
there is a Packages.gz, and if it isn't present fallback to Packages

For which of these should I file bugs? Please don't tell me that
these are the way they should be, they are obviously counter-intuitive
and must be fixed. It shouldn't be difficult for the authors of apt, anyway.

Thanks,

--
 +  Eray "exa" Ozkural                   .      .   .  . . .