Re: /bin/ksh as a default POSIX shell

Anton Ivanov wrote:

> 	If you are right at least apache scripts are not. I suggest you
> file a bug against it.

 If you know how to call apache scripts to demonstrate the error then
 please file the bug yourself.

 Check before, if you run an up-to-date apache.

 apache starts up correctly for me on every system boot, and I do have
 /bin/sh pointing to /bin/ash as well.

 I don't see any problems with this setup, apart from occasional
 'bashisms', which have to be reported and fixed (see Policy).

> > > 	You cannot use it as a default shell without auditing all scripts.

 This is not correct. The scripts are fairly reliable in not using
 bashisms, cause these had been fixed some time ago.

  Ulf

P.S.: Please can you go without the PGP stuff for the mailing list? It
      seems to double the size of your messages. Thanks.