Re: (Beware helix packages) Re: [CrackMonkey] The right to bare legs

Le Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 03:07:03PM -0500, Joseph Carter écrivait:
> Perhaps the existing Gnome maintainers interested could help by working on
> the packages in CVS?  This takes some load off of Peter who is currently
> trying to do the whole Debianization process as well as upstream work
> himself and helps to guarantee that the packages are getting the attention
> of people who (hopefully) have experience dealing with the Debian
> packages and those people could upload the Helix packages to Debian since
> frankly by comparison the Debian packages are usually outdated and buggy.
>
> Perhaps that is too much of a simple and logical solution.

That's more or less what I asked at the very beginning. Peter said that he
would look at it (ie the possibility of having the debian directory in the
Gnome CVS so that Peter and the actual Debian Gnome maintainer can both
work on the same package). It would be great for everybody, it would ease
the testing of the "development" Gnome since Debian packages would be easy
to build.

But we had no real response so far (I don't know what Peter did try to
setup this). But I'd still love to see this happen.

Cheers,
Naviguez sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com