Re: Compare .deb file to filesystem

> > I know debsums does part of this job, but AIUI only if the .deb
> > contains md5sums information.
> >
> > This would be a useful tool for a maintainer with a complex package (I
> > have an internal one here in mind) which he has been forced to edit
> > the files 'in-place' to fix problems, and wishes to get a list of all
> > files he edited.
> >
> > Does this exist?
>
> How close is debsums to what you want?

It's close --- that's why I mentioned it --- but it requires the .deb
to have md5sum information.  This shouldn't be necessary, it should be
simple enough to dpkg-deb -x the deb, then go through each file,
comparing size and then contents (with `cmp').

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@debian.org                    |  technology is indistinguishable