Re: Learning dpkg/apt

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Simon Richter wrote:

> Actuallu the slowest thing about dpkg is the database of files. I would be
> cool if dpkg could use some sort of relational database for that.

As long as it is still text-based, so that I can edit it by hand if
neccessary. ;-)

Yust to say: PLEASE do not make it binary. There may be  many things to
speed up, but binary is evil in this situation. (Imagine a broken database
and you can do just nothing against it.)

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link