ITP: vlc (VideoLAN Client) & vlms (VideoLAN Mini Server)

   I intend to package vlc, a DVD and MPEG2 video player, and vlms, a
broadcasting server application which reads the same files as the vlc
and can send them to it on the network.

   Although they can easily be interfaced with it through a pipe,
neither vlc nor vlms contain DeCSS code. I'm working upstream for the
project as well, so I'll take care not to add suspicious code. Source
can be found on http://www.videolan.org/downloads.html (vlms is to be
released very soon (tm))

   Along with the vlc package are a few other packages: vlc-alsa,
vlc-esd, vlc-fb, vlc-ggi, vlc-glide, vlc-gnome, vlc-sdl, which are
output plugins I put apart because they had their own dependencies.

Package: vlc
 VideoLAN is a free MPEG2 software solution.
 .
 This is the VideoLAN Client. It plays MPEG2 files, DVDs, or MPEG2
 streams from a network source.

Package: vlms
 VideoLAN is a free MPEG2 software solution.
 .
 The VideoLAN Mini Server lets you broadcast or multicast MPEG2 Transport
 Streams which can then be displayed with the VideoLAN Client.

--
Sam.