Re: Installed black-box 1.3-1 (source i386)

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Branden Robinson wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 19, 2000 at 02:52:16PM -0400, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> >  black-box  - Find the crystals
> > Changes:
> >  black-box (1.3-1) unstable; urgency=low
> >  .
> >    * Initial Release.
>
> That sure does come darn close to colliding with the name of a window
> manager that's been around for a couple of years.
>
> Do you think it would be possible to rename this package before it gets too
> entrenched?  It sure would suck to have to talk about "blackbox" versus
> "black dash box".

Upstream already renamed this program from "blackbox" to
"black-box" after I told him that there's a window manager with the same
name. Yes, it's not the best to have two packages with similar names. But
I think it's impossible to avoid similar names in all cases - there are
too many people who write too many programs.

cu,
Adrian

                -- Mahatma Ghandi