Re: Broken bootable SPARC CD#1, and why this happened

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 07:43:48PM +0200, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> Oh please!! Unlike some people like you to believe, there exist no revisions
> other than CD revisions. There are no FTP revisions. FTP changes _much_ more
> than the CDs due to many security fixes.

Huh?

Security fixes go in security.debian.org and proposed-updates, and only
get included onto the distribution proper when we make a new revision.

The reason we do this is mainly for CD vendors, but we do it to the archive
too.

Or, at least, that's my understanding. I've never paid that much attention
to stable once released though.

And what's with the "unlike some people like you to believe" nonsence?

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark