Re: Office Suite for Debian Linux

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 09:07:09AM +0200, Paul Slootman <paul@murphy.nl> spake forth:
> I wonder how he's going to be in dozens of countries across the world
> towards the end of September :-)   This is so clearly a standard ploy
> to attract business; if someone responds, he goes to where ever the
> "offices" happen to be.  Should this be considered spam? As far as I'm
> concerned, it's unsollicited commercial email, thus spam.

Perhaps. Or perhaps, as the sender told me in an email after I explained
the distributed & non-commercial nature of Debian in a gentler way, he
simply thought our offices were in California. Wonder what could've led to
such a silly belief...
Registrant:
Software in the Public Interest, Inc. (DEBIAN6-DOM)
   PO Box 273
   Tracy, CA 95378-0273
   US

   Domain Name: DEBIAN.ORG

Hmm. :) I hate spam. I hate spammers. And I probably think that this
company's software is crap, and it probably has a standard closed EULA
clickthru-type license. But I think we may be jumping to conclusions about
this guy's intentions...

--
Mike Markley <mike@markley.org>
PGP: 0xA9592D4D 62 A7 11 E2 23 AD 4F 57  27 05 1A 76 56 92 D5 F6

You can't have everything... where would you put it?
- Steven Wright